The Westin O'Hare has responded to the trend with the development of strategies and practices for making our hotel more environmentally friendly, or "green" in an effort to protect our enviroment and promote wellness. Our hotel is managed with a focus on the business practices that help improve our environmental performance and impacts.
See below for more of our green initiatives:
- Make a green choice for guest room
- Sustainable meeting practices with lineless tables,& clutter free sets
- Variable speed motors on all of our major equipment that reduces the use of electricity on off peak times
- Isolate light and electricity consumption by closing different sections of meeting space and turning off lights using lock boxes
- Hotel wide single stream recycling program within the hotel supported by waste management
- Low flow toilet flushers in all public space
- Low flow faucets in all back of house areas
- Westin Heavenly shower is low flow water consumption
- Laundry has an eco-lab high output energy savings cycles and soaps to reduce the use of hot water and electricity
- Internal Sustainability committee that works on indicatives to meet our 30/20/20 goal
"We are working to build on our culture of sustainability. As a global company, Starwood has the size and scope to make a real difference. Sustainability makes good business sense. Not only can we save money, but our guests and customers increasingly want it, and our associates are passionate about it."
- Frits van Paasschen
President & Chief Executive Officer
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc